Friday, July 31, 2009

Haiku Op-Ed - Latisse

Who will pay for this?
Mascara works fine for me!

1400 bucks!

Latisse actually became available for sale in February, but the commercials I've been seeing for it seem new. Being lash-less, completely, probably does cause some medical problems, like getting debris in your eyes or dry eyes. But is insufficient lash lushness really a cosmetic issue serious enough to merit medical intervention? That insurance companies will not cover? I guess the answer in the eye of the beholder.

Read more about the ground-breaking medical miracle that is Latisse here.

Somehow, I don't think the application of Latisse is the only thing they've
done to to this previously lashless lady.




5 comments:

  1. I'd like to know how perfect the rest of your appearance must be that you only have your eyelashes left to obsess over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ms. Proof --
    That is funny. Maybe the eyelashes only come after the Botox, the lifts, and the implants.
    There's always something -- or things -- tricky about these before and after photos. Note that the lighting and angles are always less flattering in the befores and in the afters, the person is much more animated and perky. All carefully set up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenn - I really liked this blog, especially the part about the answer to the questions you raise being in the eye of the beholder. As for before and after pictures, today I was looking through some dental ads in the phone book, with some very false advertising. The before and after pictures were clearly two different mouths. The artists in our group pointed out many clues to confirm this, but even I could tell the disgusting first smile was not the same as the flawless second one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shocking! I wanted to read more, but I couldn't get the link to work (it had the blogger domain name in front of the URL). I managed to find it, myself, though, and couldn't believe my eyes (yes, pun intended). Allergan is the same company that made a genetically modified cat who is supposedly "allergy-free" (as in, people with allergies won't sneeze at this cat). It doesn't sound like such a bad idea until you realize the number of cats and suffering involved in "creating" this genetically modified animal. Seems like Latisse is another hairbrained product from the same company.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They did discover Latisse by accident, the article said.

    ReplyDelete