Friday, August 21, 2009

"The Happening": A Haiku Poem Movie Review

Try The Happening!
Everyone hates this movie!
But I disagree!

Creepiness abounds!
Way better than The Village!
Leaves much mystery.

Eerie ambiance
Windy fields sinister
Thought provoking end.

Wahlberg against type
As thoughtful science teacher
In likable role.

Unfairly lumped with
Other Shymalan failures

Best since
The Sixth Sense!


The Happening stars Mark Wahlberg, Zooey Deschanel and John Leguizamo. Read the critics' merciless ripping of The Happening here.


3 comments:

  1. Hiya !
    Its in real beautiful.

    joliieess:-)..

    ReplyDelete
  2. In respectful disagreement, a triumvirate of haikus:

    Wooden acting, Marky Mark,
    Senseless plot
    Made me hate "The Happening"

    Woman bashing her head through window
    The only time I was amused

    I wish I could walk backward in time
    To avoid watching this movie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dug the movie too, though it didn't get much love by the critics!

    ReplyDelete