Thursday, July 23, 2009

Haiku Movie Review: "He's Just Not That Into You"


A selection from my Netflix Que:

"He's Just Not That into You": a romantic comedy starring Ben Affleck, Ginnifer Goodwin, Drew Barrymore, Justin Long, Scarlett Johansson, Jennifer Connelly and Jennifer Aniston:

Dating advice book
Stretched into too many plots.
Not that into it!

Huge star studded cast
Cliched faux feminist end
Passed off as modern

Scarlett: typical!
Justin Long as a heart throb?
Goodwin deserves more.

Read other critics' opinions here.

10 comments:

  1. I haven't read the book, but I thought the movie was funny and cute. And what are you saying about Justin Long? He's a cutie! (Way better than Ben Affleck, Bradley Cooper, or Kevin Connolly.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your review. Especially the line, "Not that into it!" -satirizes the title of the movie.
    Very funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to say what Kemuel said, but he beat me to it! I haven't read the book, nor have I seen the movie, but I have a soft spot for romantic comedies, so I will probably see it soon, even though you didn't like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also enjoyed the movie but Scarlett was SO typical.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They always cast her in the same role!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like Ginnifer Goodwin, particularly on "Big Love."

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with Kemuel and Nicole. Nice little twist, "Not that into it."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the warning! Won't waste my time watching this movie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ugh, I really disliked this movie. The entire time I was just bored waiting for it to end. I'm so glad I finally found someone else who isn't in love with it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wanted to like it, I really did! But it just didn't work for me.

    ReplyDelete